Call 0900-8860/8861 (10 eurocents per minute) and keep the following patient’s details within reach:
- Name, address and date of birth;
- EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) or insurance details;
- Name of your own doctor;
- Names of medicines (if relevant);
- Passport or identity card;
- When you call Huisartsenposten Oost-Brabant, you will first hear a selection to determine the urgency of your phone call. You will be asked to dial 1 in case of a life-threatening situation and dial 2 in case of non life-threatening situation. If you dial 1 you will be given priority.
The doctor’s assistant is the initial contact person at Huisartsenposten Oost-Brabant. She is especially trained to determine what kind of medical assistance is needed.
In most cases she will be able to provide you with advice over the telephone. If necessary she will consult one of the doctors, who is always present at the practice, or she will connect you directly to him. The advice provided by the doctor’s assistant will always be checked afterwards by the doctors on duty.
When advice by telephone will not suffice, she will make an appointment for you at Huisartsenposten Oost-Brabant, or she will plan a doctor’s visit to your adress in case you’re not able to come to the practice for medical reasons.
Addresses and opening hours
Huisartsenposten Oost-Brabant is only open outside office hours and has 7 locations: namely in Eindhoven, Geldrop, Helmond, ‘s-Hertogenbosch, Oss, Uden and in Zaltbommel. Monday until Friday, from 5 pm to 8 am (Oss and Zaltbommel: 5 pm to 11 pm). In the weekends from Friday 5 pm to Monday 8 am (Oss and Zaltbommel: saturdays and sundays: 8 am to 11 pm).
Cost for consulting Huisartsenposten Oost-Brabant will be covered directly by your health care insurer.
People who live abroad (even if you have insurance) are obliged to pay a fee (except when you’re in possession of an EHIC). When you return home you can collect payment from the insurance company with the receipt.